Lost Birds- Activity and Outdoor Movie Night
Enjoy an evening devoted to remembering the passenger pigeon on the 100th anniversary of its extinction and learning about other endangered and extinct Missouri birds. Children's activities, games, and art projects take place from 6:30 - 7:30pm followed by a short presentation and a nature movie for all ages. The feature presentation The Lost Bird Project (geared more toward adults) will begin at approximately 8pm. Bring your own chairs and beverages (nonalcoholic) and we'll provide the popcorn and educational fun. No registration required, for all ages. The Springfield Conservation Nature Center is located in southeast Springfield just west of US-65 off the James River Freeway (US-60).
Located in southeast Springfield just west of Highway 65 off the James River Freeway (Highway 60). Follow brown direction signs to the center.
- Protecting Our Natural Treasures for the Future: Remembering the Passenger Pigeon Saturday, Sept. 27; 3:30–8 p.m. Rockwoods Reservation, Wildwood; 636-458-2236
- A Day at the Confluence, Celebrating National Hunting and Fishing Day Saturday, Sept. 27, 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Columbia Bottom Conservation Area, St. Louis; 314-877-6019
- Remembering the Passenger Pigeon Thursday, Sept. 11, 6–8 p.m. Runge Conservation Nature Center, Jefferson City; 573-526-5544
- Leaving the Station: The Last of the Passenger Pigeons Friday, Sept. 12 , 6:30–7:30 p.m. Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, Cape Girardeau; 573-290-5566
- Film Premier: From Billions to None Thursday, Sept. 18, 7–8:30 p.m. Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, Cape Girardeau; 573-290-5566
- Nature Center at Night Thursday, Sept. 18, 5–8 p.m. Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, Cape Girardeau; 573-290-5566
- Lost Birds — Activity and Outdoor Movie Night Friday, Sept. 12, 6:30–9:30 p.m. Springfield Conservation Nature Center, Springfield; 417-888-4237
- Lost Birds — Remembering Missouri’s Extinct Birds Saturday, Sept. 13, 1–4 p.m. Springfield Conservation Nature Center, Springfield; 417-888-4237